Lifesum is a Stockholm-based digital health startup. They have over 25 million downloads, been featured by Apple and Google, and have helped countless people to live happier and healthier lives. Today our Lifesum app is available for iOS, Android, Apple Watch and Google Wear, amongst others. We believe in a highly-personalised, human approach to health, using data and behavioural science to try to help people live better lives.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced finance professional to join Lifesum as VP Finance. We believe you have knowledge and experience in areas like financial analysis and modelling, accounting, budget process, fundraising, warrants programs and contract negotiations.
A key part of the role is to support and enable increased growth investments in areas like product development, sales and marketing through financial analysis, modelling and planning.
The role is responsible for leading the Finance and Accounting team (in-house team members and external service providers) and for organizing and developing the budget process, accounting and audit among other things. We expect that the Finance and Accounting team will grow as the company grows over the next couple of years.
You will be part of the Management team and report to the CEO. The role is based in Stockholm, Sweden.
”Help people around the world to live a happier and healthier life!”
- Overall responsibility for accounting, financial planning and analysis, financial models, budgeting, forecasting and reporting
- Manage the day-to-day finance and accounting work
- Manage the Finance and Accounting team
- Source and manage external service providers
- Responsible for finance and accounting setups used by Lifesum AB and Lifesum, Inc
What we expect from you
- We believe you have a Master of Science, with a major in Finance or Accounting and 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Hands-on approach to building bottom-up financial models using financial and operational data
- Well-versed in subscription metrics like LTV, CAC, churn and payback time
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of running a budget process
- Experience of fundraising, warrants programs, shareholders’ agreement, due diligence etc
- Experience of managing a smaller team. (Experience of managing a larger team or multiple teams is a plus)
- Strong presentation skills
- Collaborative approach to working with functional teams
- English required, Swedish highly valuable, additional languages a bonus
What you can expect from us
There’s a few things about Lifesum that aren’t exactly the norm:
- Passion. All companies might claim this, but Lifesummers show real passion and dedication to their work. Our blame-free culture encourages experimentation, which helps us all learn and grow.
- Trust. We work with a little less formal structure than you might expect from other companies. This means more freedom to suggest, champion and set direction, but more responsibility to communicate well and get others on board. It works because we trust each other to work in the company’s best interest.
- Diversity. Our team comes from over 20 countries, and bring with them a rich mix of backgrounds, worldviews and working styles, more than is usual in the tech industry. We rely on these different perspectives to make sure we’re solving the right problems.
- Balance. We’re normal people just like you. But working here you’ll find it easier to talk about food and health, to exercise with others if that’s your thing, and to share everyday problems. We learn what works for ourselves, and use what we learn to help others.
If you think this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you. Send us your resume right away and please tell us why you are interested in this particular position and why Lifesum is the place you want to be.