With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. Their app regularly tops the App Store and Google Play charts and the Wall Street Journal refers to Flightradar24 as the ”Facebook of aviation”. Flightradar24 also offers a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the largest names in aviation.
Flightradar24 are constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To meet those challenges, we’re looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join them! As a member of Flightradar24, you get the opportunity to be a part of a diverse team with 15+ nationalities and 5 continents while impacting a service with millions of end users from all around the world.
We are looking for a hands-on technical Engineering Manager, with strong experience in the web ecosystem as well as with leading teams. You will lead and support our team of developers modernizing and developing the Flightradar24 website, improving the experience of millions of users every day.
As an engineering manager, your role will be to make sure that your team members have the means and environment to do meaningful, efficient, and effective work, that they grow as engineers, and have a great time working together as a team. This also includes:
- Lead a partially distributed team of 5-10 software engineers through hiring, coaching and mentoring, as well as hands-on participation in their work.
- Promote modern engineering and agile development practices, as well as a collaborative team culture, within your team and across the business
- Be actively involved in your team’s projects, with hands-on development, writing and reviewing code, and planning and coordination
- Drive continuous improvement and delivery, focusing on quality and timeliness, addressing both business needs as well as the long-term technical direction
- Be an active part of the engineering department’s leadership and collaborate with other leaders in the organization
”Promote modern engineering and agile development”
Who you are
In addition to being a great team manager, a solid background in software development is a must, in order to be a hands-on participant in your team’s work and to successfully challenge and grow your team members.
- You truly enjoy working with people and have previous experience in leading, managing and coaching a team of software developers, also including remote team members
- You have worked in, promoted, and advanced agile development environments, and understand how to leverage the process to enable your team to perform
- Solid experience with modern web development and deep understanding of current and emerging web platforms, technologies, frameworks, and tools
- Practical experience in PHP7 and preferably also Node.js development, and familiarity with modern front-end code (e.g. ES6/TypeScript and HTML5/CSS3)
- Experience working with high-traffic websites or web services and large-scale data sets
- Natural focus and experience with driving high engineering standards and quality efforts through e.g. automated testing, unit tests, and continuous integration
- A great communicator with strong written and spoken English – Swedish is not needed for this role