Esportal is a web-based competitive platform for the major esport titles. We aim to make gaming in a matchmaking and tournament environment a more engaging experience, removing disruptive influences such as disconnects, cheaters and trolls. We operate a freemium business model where our members can access multiple subscription services and features.
Esportal is the place where you can play great matches with the right type of opponents and teammates. Our platform is seamlessly integrated with the games and all players of any skill can find their level, hang out with friends and get instant results with updated statistics.
Esportal currently has approximately half a million registered players with a steady growth of new users from our core markets such as Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Poland, Russia and Ukraine.
About the role
The CTO is the company’s top technology executive and is responsible for establishing Esportal´s technical vision leading all aspects of the company ’s technology development and future growth.
This is a key appointment and requires well-honed technical and business skills. You will act as an internal and external advocate for our product and be confident in communicating. You will need to be a thought leader in agile delivery and lead the entire technical team at a time of great opportunity in the sector.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join an innovative and fast moving digital scaleup operating within the Esports segment, which is expected to grow rapidly in the coming years.
- Provide technical thought leadership on how Esportal should evolve their platform, as well as overall technology infrastructure and architecture.
- You will have responsibility for the team structure, recruiting new engineers, providing standards of excellence for the full engineering team, mentoring, and developing our engineering talent.
- Set strategic goals for the engineering team in delivering high quality software on time to meet unique demands of the esports market and its users.
- Work with the team to review and improve architectural decisions, software development processes and scalability challenges of high burst tournament events.
- Consistently and frequently delivering new features that add demonstrable value for our customers and respond to their needs.
- Develop guidelines for company operations and projects to meet high security expectations of the esports users and government regulations
- As a member of the senior executive team, play an active role in key strategic and operational decisions.
- At least five years’ + experience in software development role, information technology role, or related field; three years in management or leadership role
- Familiar with various engineering stacks, specifically Golang, MariaDB, C and front-end technologies (HTML, SCSS, ReactJS)
- Ability to build, grow, and maintain strong development and software teams!
- Ability to recognise and deliver against customer needs
- Comfortable in fast paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- Good communicator with the ability to engage and influence at all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or related field is preferred
- Experience within the online gaming industry and/or high velocity online transactional environment is an advantage.