Diet Doctor is a health company that aims to empower people everywhere to improve their health dramatically. With focus on lifestyle interventions, not medication or surgery.
What are the essential components of a healthy lifestyle for issues like obesity or type 2 diabetes? And how can people sustainably implement this lifestyle? Currently, no major health organization in the world has a sufficient answer. Diet Doctor aims to change that.
Here’s four things to make significant progress towards Diet Doctors purpose:
- Create the best Swedish low-carb resource online (done – up to 10 team members)
- Create the best global low-carb resource online (almost done – up to 100 team members)
- Create the best healthy weight-loss resource online (the next challenge – up to 1,000 team members)
- Create the best healthy lifestyle resource online (up to 10,000 team members and beyond)
- Been profitable for years, are self-funded, and have no VC investment. Instead, they’re owned by the 50+ people who work here.
- The largest keto and low-carb site in the world.
- Fully funded by their members, so they don’t need to show any ads or sell any products.
- Attracting about 9 million monthly visits, have 80,000+ paying members, and 50+ employees (20+ different nationalities).
- The top-ranked nutrition website in the world on Trustpilot, and have strong Glassdoor ratings.
At Diet Doctor, they aim for everything we do to be based on four values: trustworthiness, simplicity, inspiration, and goodness. They want to do whatever they can to make the world a better place while we’re here. Empowering people everywhere to improve their health dramatically is their way of doing that.
Diet Doctor believes that building a team full of top performers (people who live the values and get great things done fast) will significantly increase the ability to make fast progress towards their purpose.
That’s why they are passionate about building a world-class team. Few things in life are as exciting and rewarding as working towards meaningful change together with other like-minded people.
Your main challenge is to present the high-quality design for the site and app in a much simpler and, at the same time, a more inspiring way than it is today while strengthening Diet Doctor’s visual identity.
Initially, you will need to balance making something as great as possible with what they have right now and how their future products should look.
What you’ll do
- Be both hands-on with high-level visual designs for web and app and strategic by contributing to product roadmaps and the brand platform.
- Be part of building an internal design team.
- Have a strong voice in helping evolve the Diet Doctor brand and identity.
Who you are
To be successful in this role, we think that you have an extensive experience in visual design roles, mainly focused on digital services. You have played a significant role in developing innovative and creative services. With a passion for inspiring yet straightforward design, we believe you strive for a world-class look and feel.
You are an enthusiastic collaborator and open to other people’s ideas; simultaneously, you will need to show initiative and have accountability for the stories you are telling.
We also think that you
- Have an extraordinary portfolio of visual design work.
- Got good presentation skills with an ability to explain your work in meetings and reviews clearly.
- Expert level in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and XD or equivalent.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
What’s in it for you
- Meaningful work: The opportunity to prove to the world that healthy food can be both delicious and simple to make.
- Meaningful relationships: Be part of a driven, ambitious, yet kind culture filled with people who want to do good in the world. Diet Doctor wants to optimize happiness by keeping track of employee satisfaction (Officevibe), using a minimalist workflow process (Kanban), minimizing meetings, and allowing for long uninterrupted blocks of work time.
- Rapid growth: They will give you lots of power to make decisions, but also to provide the support you need to do great things and learn fast. They urge you to keep growing, and the company will happily pay for courses or conferences you want to attend.
- Great compensation: Diet Doctor offers a competitive salary, overtime pay, and the opportunity to own a meaningful part of the company through the employee-stock-offering plan, and more.
This is a full-time position, working primarily from a beautiful and airy headquarter in Stockholm, at Vasagatan 40, just opposite the Central Station. Do you currently live somewhere else but speak excellent English? For exceptional candidates, we’ll help with your move and sponsor your visa.
If you need any additional information about this role, please reach out to Daniel Målberg or Natalie Pehrsson at Safemind.