Discovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year and has category leadership across deeply loved content genres around the world.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens, including TV Everywhere products such as the GO portfolio of apps and Discovery Kids Play; direct-to-consumer streaming services such as Eurosport Player and Motor Trend OnDemand; and digital-first and social content from Group Nine Media.
Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.
As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences.
The Stockholm DTC Engineering organization builds and owns several of the key services that make up our global platform. Global payments is the name of the collective group of engineering teams that build backend services to support product catalog and pricing, campaign management, the subscription lifecycle, all types of payment methods, transactional user communications, and much more.
We are hiring a Principal Product Manager to join our team in Stockholm and lead product development for Global Payments. You will drive defining, planning, delivering, and operating new features, user experiences, software services, consumer applications, and other software products. Your primary responsibility is to decide what gets built and why. You maintain the operational deck for your feature areas so that all stakeholders have a good view of the production key performance indicators for this area. You engage stakeholders to take in feature suggestions, analyze internal metrics and external information to decide what to build and why. You can prepare documentation describing the largest features in detail.
● You oversee product areas of critical value to the business, setting goals, measuring progress, securing engineering commitments, and overseeing delivery through multiple iterations.
● You are able to act as a representative for your area autonomously. Your decisions are right, far more often than not. Your decisions balance the priorities of short-term and long-term business needs.
● You are able to blend strategic thinking in setting goals with stronger tactical knowledge of how to ensure the right features ship and the right outcomes delivered. You can manage this effectively both hands-off and managing the details directly.
● You are sought out to complete the most complex business and technical analysis, to prepare strategic documents, define new processes, and to identify and define metrics to measure key performance indicators of the business processes, and best practices within your group.
● You are a key influencer in your department’s strategy and oversee your department’s planning process. Your coaching, mentoring, and management style is able to yield good results even when you are leading through other leaders.
● Your written and verbal communication skills are exemplary, concise and to the point, and you manage stakeholder communication at all levels with ease.
● Domain expertise within the D2C payment space – payment methods and payment integrations; offers and pricing; customer analysis; churn prediction and prevention; campaign management and gifting; revenue recognition and reconciliation.
● Experience with micro-service based architectures using both asynchronous and synchronous communication schemes like gRPC and Kafka.
● Experience with cloud-based tier-1 services with high demands on availability, resilience, and scalability.