Hi there, we are currently looking for Enterprise Architects to join our team.
If you are reading this, you probably already know that Polestar is an electric performance car brand. We work hard to create a unique experience for the customer, owner, and driver. The thrill of driving the car, the digital experience of buying, owning, and controlling a Polestar require us to push the limits of technology and software development. Sustainability has been there from the beginning and we have set a moonshot goal for climate-neutral cars in 2030. There is an ocean of opportunities in this for talented IT professionals who wants to dive in and make a difference.
”climate-neutral cars in 2030”
About the role
The role as Enterprise Architect is key in leading Polestar in developing our customer solutions and growing globally. To allow our product teams to build world-class customer experiences on a global market we need a strong architectural foundation. You will be working with aligning our teams toward a shared vision and a common target architecture. This is easier said than done, writing perfect documents and principles is not enough. You will have the power to decide but you also have to evangelize, convince, negotiate and keep your ear to the ground. Speed and innovation are in the DNA of Polestar, you have to be flexible to balance this with the need to build a stable foundation.
What you will do
The Enterprise Architecture role is key in all digital activities translating business requirements into digital solutions and processed. The role is active in envisioning, planning, and governance of all major digital activities at Polestar ensuring a traceable decision chain between strategy and implementation.
- Build close relationships with key stakeholders from the owners and partners, in order to ensure business understanding
- Develop a set of architectural guidelines and principles and work to foster adoption across the organization. These guidelines and principles will be key to aligning teams and our technology against the strategy and vision.
- Help to define a governance model that is a mix of these guidelines combined with technology and architectural frameworks that help teams align to our core principles. Develop a strategy to keep guidance light while providing strong direction to Polestar and our partners.
- Gain and provide insight into Polestar-focused strategic areas, such as car-related services.
- Provide architectural direction for Polestar by translating the Corporate IT Strategy and Enterprise Architecture
- Develop and manage the Target/Reference architecture and roadmaps for the domain based on the Enterprise framework
- Support communication of the EA framework, strategies, directives, and roadmaps
- Support risk analysis and life cycle management for the domain part of the asset portfolios
- Communicate, educate and govern so that our target architecture and roadmaps for the domain are followed
- Create plans and project proposals to drive change in the domain related to architecture and IT landscape
- A proven strong track record of performing a similar role, with demonstrable skills of managing and delivering on architectural and security standards
- Architecture experience (at least 5 years) in one or several functions; Infrastructure, Application, Information, and Business.
- Good experience in successfully delivering within a digital environment and up-to-date digital knowledge skillset.
- Broad vision across all types of software services and consumer products including enterprise and consumer applications.
- Experience with modern development practices including DevOps, agile methodologies, microservice development, serverless, and cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to communicate and explain complex architectures and technology to a broad audience including business owners, product managers, executive management, and software developers.
- Strong technical background with a desire to continue learning.
- Experience in working in a global organizational setting
- Experience in working with China, North America or within the automotive industry is a plus
- Self-driven and engaged with a will to encourage people.
- A genuine interest in business with a customer focus.
- Resilient and result-driven with a persuasive, flexible, and passionate personality.
- Detailed focus and a completer/finisher.
- A great communicator with excellent cooperation skills.
- Educated to degree level or a recognized professional qualification and appropriate certification.
Polestar – the guiding star
Polestar is an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in by catalyzing the change to sustainable mobility. We are a global team of highly talented individuals who share a passion to change the world. We challenge conventions and we challenge ourselves for the purpose of innovation. We believe innovation is a team effort and that just like each component is critical to the performance of our cars each person working at Polestar is as important to the team and its performance. We work in close collaboration across empowered global teams that don’t settle for anything less than excellence.
At Polestar, the sky is the limit.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don’t wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.