We are currently looking for a Digital Product Manager to join our team.
If you are reading this, you probably already know that Polestar is an electric performance car brand. We work hard to create a unique experience for the customer, owner, and driver. The thrill of driving the car, the digital experience of buying, owning, and controlling a Polestar require us to push the limits of technology and software development. Sustainability has been there from the beginning and we have set a moonshot goal for climate-neutral cars in 2030. There is an ocean of opportunities in this for talented IT professionals who want to dive in and make a difference.
About the Enterprise Services – Digital Enablement
The Digital Enablement organization provides tools, processes, and services to empower digital teams on their journey towards our visions and roadmap. We provide a comprehensive platform for digital development through DevOps while also securing that we have the right tools and processes to provide best-in-class support capabilities for swift incident management and restoration of services. Digital Enablement strives to orchestrate operations by uniting processes and technology through automation.
About the role
The Digital Product Manager is accountable for defining the vision and goals for a Digital Product Area, in close collaboration with the digital leads within the product area and the other cross Product Area Domain roles. They set the overall direction of the Digital Product Area, by defining targets, resource needs (recruitment, staffing re-allocation, budgeting), and building strong teams. The Digital Product Manager is also the leader of all team members within their product area, and as such responsible for performance reviews.
- Accountable for having vision and goals for Product area defined and aligned with Domain
- Work with Head of Domain to monitor the Product area’s adherence to all financial targets
- Responsible for managing the Digital Product Area cost-center, through alignment with Head of Domain and Finance
- Track and measure the Product area’s performance health through OKRs and KPIs, and follow-up on these with the Head of Domain and Digital Leads as needed
- Synchronize goals with Digital Leads in teams and contribute to the formulation of mission and goals for competence groups and teams
- Build a culture of accountability and ownership by empowering the Product area and setting clear expectations
- Line manager responsibility for all Digital Team members
- Responsible for conducting regular 1:1s with team members and for planning and executing the performance reviews
- Secures efficient resources (e.g., via recruitment) to the teams
Desired expertise and skills
- Experience as a product or business owner in the relevant field/product/customer segment, with responsibility for P&L and key performance indicators of the organization
- Strong skills in servant leadership and experience in coaching and building high performing digital teams
- Deep understanding of industry trends and customer needs, ability to create a value proposition and vision for the domain’s product group
- Experience in agile ways of working and DevOps is a must, as well as strong skills of maintaining and prioritizing a backlog
- Prior experience working in technology-driven organizations/teams is a plus
- Excellent listener and strong communication skills to be able to create trust and convey complex ideas and alternatives to the teams and all stakeholders in different areas (such as Marketing, Sales, Finance, IT)
- Credibility and leadership qualities with the ability to persuade and lead a set of diverse stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills to direct a product area toward the right decisions in the shortest possible time
- A critical mindset with the ability to find new solutions outside traditional frameworks and make a radical change
- Belief in a non-hierarchical culture of interaction, transparency, and trust in teams. Have a people-first-mindset, use foresight, and are a natural systems thinker
- Willingness to ”roll up one’s sleeves,” work and study outside of one’s comfort zone and motivate the product area toward such behavior
- Coach employees and support in removing roadblocks
- Experimentalist frame of mind for innovation who is willing to fail often and fast
Polestar – the guiding star.
We are an electric performance brand, determined to improve the society we live in. Our focus is on uncompromised design and technology. Passion and emotion drive us, electricity and innovation drive our cars. Our products are excellent, efficient and entertaining. In Polestar’s future, there is no room for shortcuts, excuses, or compromises. We are all in, dedicated to our ambition. Guiding our industry forward through pure, progressive, performance.
At Polestar, the sky is the limit.
Is this you? If you are interested in joining the Polestar family, don’t wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
Are you ready for the journey? Which is electric by the way…