Viaplay Group entertains millions of people every day through its streaming services, radio networks, TV channels, and production studios. They believe in the power of content, not just as a means of telling stories and touching lives, but also as a way of expanding worlds.
They are currently seeking the best talent to join their journey. At the moment, we are in the process of identifying a VP of Data Science to join their Stockholm headquarters. As the VP of Data Science, you will be a central figure in leading Viaplay Group’s Advanced Analytics, Data Engineering, and AI/ML teams. Your role will involve continuing to develop a world-class Data Science function that will guide the company through the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
- Lead Viaplay Group´s Advanced Analytics, Data Engineering, and AI/ML teams, fostering a collaborative culture and transforming their data science department into a unified, influential force across the organization.
- Develop strategies that align data initiatives with broader organizational and commercial goals
- Act as the primary data advocate, ensuring an effective information flow within the company
- Establish transparent communication channels, set clear expectations, and promote a pragmatic approach to problem-solving, balancing innovation with reality
- Engage with different departments, ensuring data science is integral to all operations.
- Coach the team in navigating and influencing various stakeholders across the organization
- Take an active role in the development, mentoring, and work actively in attracting, developing, and retaining talent
We’re looking for a leader who embodies a balance of technical acumen, business understanding, and the ability to enable and ensure the use of data in all aspects of the organization. We’re looking for a leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in data science, data engineering, AI/ML, or similar fields
- Proven track record of managing and evolving teams and leading through others.
- A leader who has the foresight and business context to provide the optimal data-science vision, strategy, and best practices for the company
- A prestige-less and pragmatic approach towards problem-solving
- Experience in managing relationships with external vendors
- Exceptional stakeholder management and team-building skills to engage
- Strategic vision-setting capabilities, with a focus on pragmatic and integrity-driven leadership
- Ability to communicate complex data concepts in a compelling and approachable manner
- Experience in leading through change and strong capabilities to engage people around you
- Preferably, a minimum Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, Mathematics, Data Science, or a related field
Why this role?
- Opportunity to be the voice of data and play a key role in ensuring that decision-making is based on relevant and correct use of data in a company that touches millions of users on a daily basis.
- A chance to lead and develop a talented and well-respected data team.
- A positive and energetic work environment, with a focus on personal and professional growth
- A chance to work in a company that values open discussions, clear boundaries, and personal empowerment.
- They’ve got the basics covered (and then some)! 30 days of paid vacation every year and extra compensation on top of a parental pay lift.
- Your well-being matters. They have an attractive pension and insurance scheme with full health care coverage should you need it.
- Entertainment is what they love, and entertainment is what they do. So, unlimited access to Viaplay seems only fair for you to get to know the product – including live sports & pay per view events, new release movie rentals, linear channels, and more.