As Head of AI, your mission is to extend EQT Ventures’ leadership in AI-driven VC and ensure that they harness the full potential of EQT’s global network and technology initiatives, to make them the most impactful partner to the world’s most ambitious founders.
This multifaceted role demands a rare combination of entrepreneurial zest, a relentless pursuit of excellence, and a deep passion for the lasting, transformational impact startups have on the world. Embodying the belief that investors must innovate as vigorously as the startups they invest in, you and your team will play a crucial role in helping EQT Ventures connect founders with the talent, knowledge, and capital they need to build the future they want.
1. Extend our leadership in AI-driven VC
- Lead the continual development and execution of their AI strategy, ensuring it enhances operational efficiency, collaboration, and investment decisions
- Expand and manage their newly formed ”quant team”, continuing to innovate in how AI can be applied to startup discovery, due diligence, pricing, and portfolio construction
- Ensure your team has the world’s most comprehensive, accurate, and accessible data set on companies, founders, and transactions across the global innovation economy
- Continually assess and integrate state-of-the-art tools and practices, keeping your team at the forefront of the industry and maintaining our competitive edge
- Develop frameworks to evaluate the performance of your team, portfolio companies, and funds, using insights to enhance our team, portfolio, and returns
2. Harness the Full Potential of the EQT Platform:
- Manage relationships with Motherbrain (EQT Ventures’ proprietary AI platform) and other technology teams across EQT to maximize the adoption and impact of corporate initiatives
- Coordinate internal “special projects” where technology and data can be applied to drive team and portfolio performance, and ensure their successful execution
- Act as a key liaison, facilitating effective communication and seamless collaboration between EQT Ventures, their portfolio companies, and the broader EQT platform
- Techno-Optimist: firmly held belief in technology’s ability to transform society for the better, and committed to pushing the boundaries of VC to accelerate progress
- Startup Ethos: brings firsthand experience from being a co-founder or an integral part of early teams in VC-backed startups, especially in software, fintech, or AI
- Proven Product Leader: proven capabilities in hiring, inspiring and leading small product teams in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Gets Shit Done: you turn plans into action and ideas into reality, efficiently and with flair; facing a locked door, you either kick it down, learn how to pick locks, or find a window
- Compulsive Maker: possess a hands-on mentality, probably tinkering with new AI tools and personal projects in your spare time, and always trying things to get a boost
- Money Mindset: you have probably worked in finance or held a strategic role within fintech, and deep-rooted interest in economics, finance and the psychology of money
- Speaks Fluent AI: foundational knowledge in AI, encompassing statistical, econometric, and machine learning concepts, and proficient in programming languages (ex. Python)
- Super Communicator: can distill and explain complex ideas, easily connect with anyone, and thrives on establishing and nurturing long-standing, impactful relationships
About EQT Ventures:
We’re EQT Ventures, the European venture firm with a global outlook, supporting founders of generation-defining companies from ideation to explosive growth. Built by some of the world’s most obsessive founders and operators, our distributed team operates with a “local with locals” approach on the ground in Stockholm, London, New York, Berlin, and Paris.
Currently investing out of a €1.1B fund, the largest early-stage fund ever raised in Europe, we’re one of the largest and most active VC firms and have partnered with over 100 founding teams, including Wolt, Einride, Handshake, The Exploration Company, Sana Labs, 1x Robotics, and Cleo.